Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Ticks, Shots, and yucky medicine
For labor day weekend we went up to Oklahoma to visit Mike's family. It was a great weekend to go because Mike's brothers KC and Jeremiah were home for a visit as well and we were able to get family pictures done. Mike's parents live out in the country and so they have a LOT of ticks there. Well, yesterday morning as Mike was getting ready to go to work, Mike and Daniel came in to wake me up and tell me that Daniel had a tick and I needed to take it out. We got it out, hopefully the head too, and it was swollen and red but nothing too bad especially since all of Daniel's bug bites swell up really big. We also have no idea how long it was in but I think that the tick stowed away in our stuff home and bit Daniel Monday night. This morning I looked at the bite and it had swollen to more than twice its original size and more bumps appeared. We went to the doctors and it's infected so Daniel had to have a shot. I think that this was his first shot ever and he was so brave. He didn't make a sound when they gave him the shot!!! Now he has to be on antibiotics for 10 days and hopefully the bite will go away. It has actually gotten worse since this morning and is now blistering all over the redness. Here is the end result for today:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hope Daniel gets better soon! Ticks are one of my worst fears!
Poor guy. I hate ticks - yuck yuck yuck.
Ouch! That poor kid always has something bothering him. I hope it clears up soon. My skin is crawling just thinking about it.
Post a Comment