Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Amazing Kids







Now I know I am biased towards my own kids but I have to say that I have amazing kids.

Everyone with kids knows that they are an alarm clock and they are set to their own times and not yours. My kids go about it a little differently. When Daniel wakes up in the morning he makes a beeline for the stairs and the T.V. remote. On goes Disney channel and he has the entire living room all to himself without little sister to play. As long as he wakes up and gets fed before daddy leaves for work, he could care less about how long mommy sleeps because that means that he can watch more T.V.


I'm really not sure what time Emily wakes up. She will sit in her bed quiet as can be for hours. She doesn't make any sounds that would alert me through the monitor (and no it's not turned off or all the way down) that she is awake. For the past week or two I will wake up at 10 or 10:30 (I know, what a wasted day) and not have heard a peep from her. When I go in she's wide awake and happy as can be. My kids letting me sleep so much has been a huge help for me since I haven't been feeling very good for the past few weeks.

They are such wonderful, happy kids and I am so grateful that I get to be their mommy.






2 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

What angels! That is so nice!

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

You can come teach my kids how to let me sleep in...need I say more? That is sooooo nice of them. If a momma's not happy, nobody's happy, so it really isn't a wasted day.