Friday, December 10, 2010

Time to play catch-up

I know it has been a long time since I last posted and I'm not even going to put up pictures right now.  It's going to be long enough without them. 
So since I last posted:
We have celebrated Emily's 3rd birthday!  I can't believe that she is already 3 years old!!  Time has flown by and she just keeps growing up!  She is all girl and loves to dress up in pretty dresses and shoes and loves to put her hair up, even if it requires legos to do so.  She loves to have her hair braided and she will keep them in for days at a time which I love because it gets her hair out of her face.  I have loved the times that she will just cuddle with me, sometimes for hours.  Other times she'll ciddle for a while and then play for a while and then come back.  She is such a sweetheart and takes good care of me.  She's just like her older brother and entertains herself for hours and doesn't get into things she's not supposed to. 
Daniel has been having to ride the bus home, which he hates, but I'm hoping that it won't be for too many more months.  He played fall ball (baseball) which ended at the end of October.  He had fun and this year we got to play at our normal field instead of traveling to a different town.  He did good and enjoyed playing.  For the past month or so, he has been playing on a select ball team and has done 2 tournaments with them and will probably do more tournaments with them.  It's December now though so the weather can get kind of cold.  We went to a tournament last week and on Saturday night we were out in shorts and t-shirts.  The next morning it was VERY cold.  The past few days have been on the 70's though so it's been nice. 
Daniel and Mike have of course watched every BYU football game at least once.  Daniel is obsessed with foorball and now that football is almost over with just the bowl games left, they have started watching BYU basketball.  It's something new.
Back in April I injured both of my feet by falling out of the house (down one small stupid step!!)  and they just weren't healing so at the beginning of November I went to a podiatrist and he said that surgery was the only way to really fix them.  So I had surgery on my right foot on Nov. 8th and have made the couch my best friend since then.  I'm working every day to do a little more and to put a bit more weight on my foot each day but I'm also trying not to overdo it and set my recovery back.  We're hoping to get the surgery on the left foot done the week between Christmas and New Year's but that all depends on my being able to put all of my weight on my right foot.  Maybe I'll still get a wheelchair.  We really don't want to have to meet our deductible again next year but I also don't want to reinjure my right foot because I rushed the recovery just to get the surgery done this year.  We'll do what we have to do. 
Mike has been wonderful, taking care of his stuff and mine.  He's had to make dinners and get the kids and me ready and set up for the day in the  morning.  He's also been putting the kids to bed.  On Thanksgiving, Mike made Thanksgiving dinner all by himself.  I was so proud of him!!!  He did a really good job.  We've gotten kind of sick of turkey though with all of the left-overs.
The kids have been very helpful with my not being able to do much and they are both very careful about not touching my foot.  If Emily bumps my foot, or even my walking boot when it's not on me, she says "Sorry mommy!"  It's so sweet!  I bumped my foot pretty bad on Sunday and it hurt so bad that I was crying and Daniel came over and hugged me and just held on for a while to make sure I was ok.  They are such sweet and wonderful kids.  I am so blessed  to have them and love them and Mike so very much!
Coming up is Christmas and Daniel's birthday!  I can't believe that he's almost 7-years-old already!  My baby is growing up!  He's getting baptized next year!  I will post pictures soon!

1 comment:

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

Those kids are getting so big! I can't believe Emily is 3! Daniel is almost 7!!! That is so hard to believe also. That is good that they are taking good care of you! I do hope that you are doing well enough to have the surgery before the end of the year. ♥ I wish I lived closer so I could help you out!