Wednesday, March 3, 2010

FINALLY! It's been months...

Wow!  It's been a LONG time since I last posted anything!  I guess it's been a crazy few months.
Things that are new.  HMMM.....  Christmas was good.  We stayed at home and Mike's family came out for a few days after Christmas, and it was nice to spend time with them.  We pulled up the in the backyard while they were here.  Underneath the deck we found the rotting stumps of 3 trees.  Now we have to get them cleaned up and fill in all the holes.  We went up to the NASA museum which was HUGE and takes at least a full day to go through.  The kids enjoyed it too.  They have a MASSIVE play place for the kids to play on, it even has an elevator. There's lots of activities for the kids to do and things to learn.  For Christmas I got a food dehydrator and also a wheat grinder.  I've dried a bunch of bananas and now I have to work on building up our food storage.  We're also working on getting a garden box built in the backyard so that I can plant a garden this month.  It's prime planting season right now.  It's still getting cold some night though.
We have quite a few projects going on around the house. We are probably getting close to halfway done with tputting radiant barrier up in the attic.  We're really hoping to cut badk on the electric bill this summer.  I'm slowly working from room to room trying to get things organized and cleaned up.  It's a work in progress. 
For my birthday I get to start getting my sewing room painted and put together how I want it.  Right now it's just a big mess with all my sewing and craft stuff and it's also being used for storage.  It'll take a while to get done but I'm excited to get started on it.
I've been babysitting a couple of toddlers during the week.  Emily's learning to play nice and I think that she likes having kids her age to play with.  One thing that babysitting has helped with is my gas consumption.  One tank of gas got me through January and one tank through February.  That is a huge accomplishment.  That's going to change this month since we have plans to go to San Antonio this month and Daniel has started baseball.  We'll be doing a lot more driving this month.
The kids are growing and having fun.  Emily has a doll that she carries around everywhere named Sydney.  Yesterday I asked her where Sydney was I she said, "I don't know!  Where's my sister?"  It was very cute!
Daniel is in an accelerated reading program at school and I think that he's the only kindergartener in it.  He's doing really good with his reading and he's also doing good with his math.  At night, Mike and Daniel do "football math."  They use the football field as their number range.  Mike will ask something like "If Max Hall was at the ten yard line and he threw it 30 yards, where would the ball be?"  Daniel then figures out where on the field the ball would be.  He's actually pretty good.  I don't know if I mentioned before, but Daniel is absolutely OBSESSED with football. 
My church calling used to be primary secretary but I was released a 2 weeks ago and am now on the provident living committee.  I have no idea what I'll be doing but so far, I have done nothing and I have actually sat through sunday school and relief society.  That is something that I haven't done in over 2 years.  It's really hard sitting through church!!  I guess I'll get used to it eventually though.
Well, I think that's it for updates right now but I'll try to keep more up to date.

4 comments:

Mele said...

Its so fun to hear what you've been up to! I'm jealous you can plant a garden so early...and a sewing room, how wonderful! Your kids sure are cute and grown up! Time flies doesn't it?!

Delia said...

What a smart boy! That is so cute that he does football math with his dad. You sound tremendously busy. Go you Superwoman.

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

Yippeee! I was starting to wonder what was going on down there in Texas.
It does sound like you have been way too busy. I was just dreaming about a huge garden today...and wanting to prepare my balcony garden, and get planting...then it started to snow...SIGH
I think I will move to Texas. =) I really want nice weather right now.

Mele said...

I just tagged you on our blog, so come on over and check it out. A new reason to post! yay :)