This has been a long week so far. Daniel was in school for 4 days and came home last Thursday sick. He didn't tell me that he wasn't feeling good until bedtime and so we took him to the doctor on Friday. He had strep, a double ear infection, and also a sinus infection. His lungs were clear as of Friday but he had a cough. he ran a fever all Friday and Saturday and as of today he is still feeling horrible. I can tell that he doesn't feel good although he has bouts where he seems to feel decent but he's not playing like he normally does. Emily got sick while at nursery on Sunday. I was helping out in sharing time and went into nursery in between the times I was helping out. Emily wanted to be held and didn't want to get down and play or anything. She kept telling me that she wanted to go home. So we went out to the foyer because I wasn't quite done in primary and she laid right down on the couch and went to sleep. Later she threw up while in bed and she bounced in between the playpen and our bed and an air matress all night, unable to get comfortable. So we went back to the doctor today. She has strep and Daniel's lungs aren't clear anymore. It's not fully bronchitis yet but it's well on the way to it. So both kids are on antibiotics and Daniel has to use one of his inhalers every 4 hours and another one at least twice a day, plus another medicine for his lungs to keep his cough from becoming full on bronchitis. Poor boy isn't bouncing back near as quickly as I figured he would. I really hope that in the next day or two that he starts feeling a lot better.
Then to top off the sickness, our air conditioner hasn't been working. It's been out for about a week now and someone came by on Friday to tell us that we had a leak and said that someone would come either that evening or on Saturday but they didn't come until today. I am so very happy to have it working now. Daniel can now move from sleeping in the game room to his room and Emily can go back to her room from our room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That bout of sickness sounds awful! Wow...you guys got hit really hard. Glad you have AC again. I hope your kids get well soon!
Poor kids! I hope they get healthy and stay healthy! Hope they are feeling better today.
Hugs from Utah!
I'm so sorry to hear your family is sick! You guys really got hit hard. Keep us posted on how you're doing. Lots of prayers coming your way from us!
Thanks guys! The kids are feeling better and I'm most of the way better. Poor Mike is still suffering from a cold. He'll be better soon though.
Post a Comment