Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley

Last night when I heard that President Hinckley had died, I was happy for him. He is the prophet that I most remember because I was only 11 years old when he became prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has done such an amazing work here on earth to further the spreading of the gospel and with all of the temples that were built to make the blessings of the Temple more accessible to the members of the church. He is now with his wife and I am sure that they are working as hard as they can to teach those on the other side of the veil. He never slowed down while he was here and there is no reason for him to slow down now. I know that he was a prophet of God and that the things he taught were the things that we need to know. It is good to know that just because President Hinckley is no longer here that the keys of the priesthood that he held didn't leave the earth with him. Whoever our next prophet is will hold those keys and he will be called of God just like all the other prophets before him. I am grateful for the Gospel and for the joy and knowledge that it brings me. Without it the world would be a dark and frightening place. I love the Lord and Jesus Christ, the President Hinckley, and that I have the gospel. I am so grateful for my eternal family and the knowledge that I have that they will be my family forever as long as we are faithful.

No comments: