Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

After staying up really late for the past two nights this morning started very early. When the alarm went off at seven I thought that it was Monday and I was thinking that I could go back to bed for at least another hour or so. Well, I did, and Mike let me and took care of his shower first and let me get a little more sleep. I got up around 7:45 and we surprisingly still made it to church a few minutes early. For Mother's day me and Mike got to go out on a date yesterday (gasp!) and we were able to watch a movie (Baby Momma) and walk around wal-mart holding hands. That almost never happens so I really enjoyed it. One of my friends in my ward watched the kids for me. I got to pick out my Mother's Day gift which was flowers, oreo's, and some bracelets. Daniel picked out the card for me when we were getting them for our moms. When the primary kids all got up to sing in sacrament meeting, we tried to convince Daniel to go up but he didn't want to. He doesn't like big groups. After church we ALL got naps. This is pretty amazing because Daniel doesn't take naps anymore unless he's really grouchy and I force him to or he falls asleep in the car. Emily has been napping wonderfully lately. She will nap for a good 2 or so hours in her bed!! It probably helps that we hung blankets over hers and Daniel's bedroom windows. She's also sleeping through the night until after 8 am!!!! As a person who requires 10 hours of sleep to be fully functional, this is wonderful to me.
The lesson in RS today was about Who you are makes a difference. As I no longer live in Utah, many of the people in the ward are converts and haven't been raised in the Church. Many people comment on how when they join the church that they thought that they weren't good enough and didn't have any of the talents that the "Molly Mormon's" did such as sewing, canning, etc. and didn't have what they thought that Mormon women should have. They weren't perfect. We learned that we all have talents that we maybe don't think of them as being talents. Such as Sara being so optimistic and happy. Or Nancy's sense of humor. Things like that, loving each other, are talents that we share all the time and don't think of them as talents. We can gain more talents and learn them but no matter what your talents are or what you think of them, who you are does make a difference for someone. A smile goes a long way to brightening someone's day. A phone call or stopping by to see a friend. The other day I had had a rough day and I got a card in the mail from a friend saying that she was thinking of me. So I just wanted to let ya'll know that you do make a difference. Thank you for your friendship and love.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

I also need 10 hours of sleep to functional. . .I don't usually get that. Happy mothers day!

Lenae said...

Thank YOU for your friendship and love. Sometimes your phone calls are the only thing that get me through the week! :) Love ya.