Tuesday, February 5, 2008
The Book of Mormon
There is a challenge, not sponsored by the Church, going around to read the Book of Mormon in now 95 days. The link is www.hinckleychallenge.com I think that it is very good to have a date set to have a goal of reading the Book of Mormon by. However I also think it's kind of sad that we have access to this wonderful Book that teaches of Christ and helps us to come closer to Him and yet we don't take the time to sit and feast on the words of the book every day. I read the Book of Mormon with my family every other night (we switch between Book of Mormon and Bible) but I don't take the time to read it on my own. That is something that I would like to get in the habit of doing this year. I've been thinking about the things that I spend my time on and how very unimportant and unprogressive to mine and my family's spiritual well-being most of my activities are. I would like to grow more in the Gospel and bring my family along with me. We have been given so much and the Lord loves us and wants us to use what He has given us to improve ourselves so that we can become like Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment