Okay everyone,
I am looking for some good, entertaining books to read for me and kids books too. I'm trying to turn the t.v. off more and do other things. Plus I really want Daniel to learn to read and recognize his letters more and figure out their sounds. Anyway, if you have some suggestions please pass them on. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have a list of book "suggestions" on my blog--just books I've read and enjoyed. It's in the left hand column if you scroll down a little. "The Goose Girl" isn't on that list but has been recommended to me by several people...so I'm starting that one this weekend.
As far as recommendations for Daniel--there's one called "Traction Man," (and I think there's some adventure words in that title, too), that I thought was really cute.
But, I'll tell you what I usually do with Kallie. I think about things that she's talked about a lot lately and then look books up in the library's online catalog and make a list. (I've done fairies, penguins, clocks, etc.--just whatever she seems interested in that week.) So, we get a lot of random books, but have found some cute ones in there.
Shannon Hale is a favorite author of mine...so "Goose Girl" (Based on the Grimm Fairy tale by the same name) "Enna Burning" and "River Secrets" Are the current Bayern trilogy, and she is working on the 4th. (I can't wait!!!) Also by Shannon, I recommend "Book of a Thousand Days" (based on the Grim Fairy Tale called Maid Maleen I think is what it is called) and "Princess Academy"
I have also recently become a Jessica Day George fan. I recommend "Dragon Slippers" and "Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow" (based on the Norway fairy tale East of the Sun, West of the Moon.)
I have also recently read Megan Whalen Turners "The Thief" (Reads like Greek Mythology, if you like that kind of thing.) Also the sequal "Queen of Attloia" it is a little less "greek mythologyish" But is centered on the same theif character. The third book is "King of Attolia" which I have just started reading.
Sorry, that ended up being a novel in it's self.
~Sherry
Post a Comment