"Why does President Hinckley believe reading the Book of Mormon will be so beneficial to each of us? He states:
" 'Its appeal is as
timeless as truth, as universal as mankind. It is the only book that contains within its covers a promise that by divine power the reader may know with certainty of its truth.
" 'Its origin is miraculous.
. . No one can dispute its presence' ("A Testimony Vibrant and True," Ensign, Aug. 2005, 4)."
Over the past week I have found that reading the Book of Mormon has had a calming effect on me. I am more patient with my kids and I am happier overall than when I don't read. I can't think of any other book that has the same effect as does the Book of Mormon. The benefits I get from reading also spread to my family because when Mommy is happy, everyone is happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is a very true statement. I can't believe how much Emily has changed already. In just the short amount of time since we saw you guys. So did he take the job in Houston?
Post a Comment