Friday, March 7, 2008

My miracle today

Today really started last night. When we went to Walmart last night, we were going to pick up a serger for me but they were all out of stock and told me to call tomorrow (today) to see if they had come in on the truck. At this walmart the serger was $196. So we went home and Emily went to bed around 10:30. She woke up at midnight, less than an hour after I had gone to bed, and since it wasn't time for her to eat I held her and put her back to sleep. She woke back up less than ten minutes later and I knew that it would be a really long night of her wanting me to rock her all night if I went in to get her. I feel really bad but I turned down the monitor and went back to sleep and completely forgot that she had woken up. I don't even know how long she cried but she put herself back to sleep. I feel like such a horrible mom! Well, Daniel started crying and calling for me at 2 and I thought that he had wet the bed. I went in and he said that his tummy was hurting really bad. He had complained about a little tummy ache earlier that evening but I didn't really think anything about it. I put a heating pad on his tummy and about an hour later he felt better and went back to sleep. I went back to bed but before I could go back to sleep Emily woke up around 3:40 so I went and fed her and got her back to sleep. Finally I was able to go back to bed but shortly after I had fallen to sleep, about 5, Daniel woke up again with his tummy hurting. I brought him into my bed and put the heating pad on him and he fell back to sleep quickly. Apparently his tummy didn't hurt as bad as before. Then around 7 Emily woke up and since Mike had to get up anyway he got her and brought her to me so I could feed her. I think I was then able to kind of sleep until 9ish. Well this morning my silly kids wouldn't let me exercise although I tried and I called up a Walmart about 15 miles away and they had the serger I wanted. We went there and got it for $165 (so worth the drive) and when we were just about home, Daniel looked like he was falling to sleep. I decided to drive around some more because if he didn't fall to sleep in the car, he wouldn't get the much needed nap at home. During the whole trip I kept thinking, "I wonder if I should get gas?" Then I would brush it off and think I have enough gas, I should be able to go at least 320. Well, when we were just about home again the car suddenly lost its go ability and wouldn't pick up speed. Luckily I was coming up on a gas station and was able to pull in. I put 22.5 gallons into my 22 gallon gas tank. Heavenly Father was really looking out for me even though I didn't quite deserve it especially after thinking so many times about getting gas. It was a miracle to me that I was able to run out of gas right by a gas station and that I was able to get there without having to try and push the car. Now I better try to get something done while my two angels are sleeping.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow, that's amazing! Heavenly Father really does look out for us.

And if I were you, the thing that I'd get done while my little angel(s) were asleep is to sleep myself! Sounds like you had a rough night!

BROOKE said...

hey you should join CAFE MOM its so fun you can join groups of mothers that have kids in the same moth and year they were born ask other mothers questions and shear your veiwes. i did and love it check out my home page at
http://www.cafemom.com/home/Brookemthrof2
hope to see you there. also they have a group for lds mothers too. fun fun fun....

Mel said...

you are SO not a bad mom! i think it is good for kids to learn to put themselves to sleep.( even if is does mean crying it out for a long time) i think it also helps them to know that it is time to sleep and their bodies learn to sleep for longer stretches of time! in my book, you did the right think! way to go!

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a couple of miracles there! Letting Emily learn to soothe herself back to sleep, getting the Serger for cheaper, Daniel not throwing up even though his tummy hurt, and the gas station miracle! What a wonderful way to realize how much Heavenly Father is watching out for you. I hope you were able to get some sleep while the kids were sleeping!